Monday, February 8, 2016

Morrell Block # 1 Broderie Perse



I am new to this technique. I fused the back with heat-n-bond lite, cut out some flowers and leaves then made my own arrangement then ironed it in place. It was a bit tricky deciding how close or how far from the design to cut. I wanted to leave some background fabric for the machine button hole stitches to land on. As you can see, I have not yet stitched this one on.
 
Morrell Block # 01



 There are about 20 Broderie Perse blocks in this quilt. I am using several different larger print fabrics for this quilt. . Not all of the background fabrics match my Morrell background. Some are close others are not. I think I will just carry on using what I have and see what it looks like. My thoughts are once it is quilted and washed, everything will look different. Besides, it is a sampler quilt and there will be another 60 different blocks.
  
Blessings,
Chris

6 comments:

  1. The pink and green are so pretty. I really like this print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not planning to use any green but it is a soft gray/green. I think the more blocks that get put up on the wall, the less it will stand out.

      Delete
  2. A gorgeous block, Chris. Are you going to use invisible thread to stitch it? That's what I'd use. Looking forward to seeing more. And thanks for linking to WIPs Be Gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not like invisible thread. I have several kinds and tried them for machine applique on Ben Biggs but abandoned that for matching cotton. I plan to use either a YLI or a So Fine depending which one shows the least. But I will at least try it out. Thanks for asking.

      Delete
  3. Such an interesting project... look forward to seeing it develop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. completed one today and another is in progress.

      Delete