Saturday, January 16, 2016

Two Completed Applique Blocks

I loved working on this block.


I might redo that center.
Or I might wait until I have a few dozen others made and see if it still bothers me.


In the meantime, I am away from home welcoming a new grand baby and only take hand applique with me when I travel. I will have to leave my good stork scissors behind because not all airports let them through security. I had to give up a pair in Adelaide Australia last year. The same ones that cleared through Toronto and Chicago several times. But here in Fredericton, you will have to give up your toothpaste and shaving cream, so I travel really light.

blessings,
Chris

16 comments:

  1. Oh such beautiful applique work! What size are your blocks they are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blocks will finish at 10 inches. There will be 60 ten inch blocks and the center is 20 inches.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work and there is nothing wrong with the center of the first block. Don't be so picky!

    I'll be flying out to Tempe in 3 weeks. I will buy scissors there to use on my applique and plan to leave them there for return trips. Who knows, maybe my daughter will decide to start appliqueing? Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the center of the second block. I was too hasty and had not yet started the back basting. I plan to leave the scissors here, I brought out a sewing machine as carry on my first trip here and have made sure my daughter has all the basic quilting stuff. I do not have her doing any applique yet but she has made a half dozen quilts.

      Delete
  3. I love that block, too! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new grandchild and these are beautiful blocks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are beautiful! I had never heard of the Morrell quilt, so I looked at your old posts. What a fabulous quilt to recreate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was love at first sight for me. Now after 2 years of preparing and waiting I have started the journey. Two down and 59 more to go.

      Delete
  6. I have long admired that fleur de lis block - yours came out lovely! Especially in that French General paisley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too bad that there was only a fat quarter of it in the fat quarter bundle I bought. I will be using a different FG in each block

      Delete
  7. I can't see what is wrong with the center. Both blocks look beautiful to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I need to practice being less critical of my work.

      Delete
  8. Both are such beautiful blocks, Chris. Congrats on the new Grandbaby!

    ReplyDelete