Sunday, January 31, 2016

My First Ever Broderie Perse Block


There are  no less than 20 finished blocks that are Broderie Perse, 3 applique and 5 that are simply a print square. The rest are pieced and a combination. I am using a Winterthur Museum panel from Andover. I got it from here.
I am not sure just where this block will land in the final layout. I used a heat-n-bond lite fuseable on the back and a  machine button hole stitch with matching thread. Not bad for a first try. I plan to use other fabrics and different techniques. Since this is a sampler, I can do that.

Blessings,
Chris

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty and since it was machine appliqued, very speedy too. The panel is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks
      I cannot take the machine work with me when I travel.

      Delete
  2. Your broderie perse is well done. I did a broderie perse piece a long time ago. I think I did hand stitching on it but would have to find it and check to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might do hand stitching on some of them. I want to try different ways of doing it. Di Ford certainly has resurrected this technique from the past.

      Delete
  3. It's lovely and the thread matches the background perfectly. I didn't see it until I read your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the thread does disappear nicely. I am using a YLI longarm thread called Vanilla Milkshake.

      Delete
  4. Lovely work! Looks like you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I have to look up what this technique is. You use a panel and embroider on it? Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. Not quite. You use a panel of a large scale print. I ironed on some heat-n-bond lite to the back then cut out some of the elements from the fabric. Played around with a setting then ironed it in place. After this, I machine stitched the raw edges with a fine button hole stitch. You could do some embroidery on it.

      Delete