Saturday, June 10, 2017

Block # 39


This is as far as I had gotten last time.
 


I printed off two more foundation strips for the top and bottom rows.
 
 
 
I use a postcard to fold the foundation paper over and crease before cutting.



I used to use the add-an-eighth  ruler
but found the seam allowance was too narrow. 
 


 
And the add-a-quarter was too wide.
So I now use a ruler and cut at a bit less than a quarter inch.
I often use my scissors because the pressure on the ruler hurts my hands. 
 

 
Line up the next fabric.
 


 

Stitch using very short stitches
 


 
This is what happened when I made a mistake and had to unstitch.
Sigh.
The stitches were too close together
So I removed the torn piece and did it over.
 



And finally I tear away the paper.
Oops.
Next time I will not use regular copy paper.
 

 
Not all of my points came together. But that's okay.
  


Block # 39

Most of them did and majority rules.
 
Blessings,
Chris 

4 comments:

  1. I don't use regular paper for my foundation paper piecing. I use Papers For Foundation Piecing which is available in all quilting stores. It's made by That Patchwork Place. There are 100 sheets in the package. It is lighter weight and I love it. It's what I'm using for my Nearly Insane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually use Carol Doak foundation paper but for this one, some of those outside strips were too long so I used some A4 paper which is about an inch longer.

      Delete
  2. Forgot to say your block looks lovely. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that I found your blog, so that I can follow along.

    ReplyDelete