Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Centre Block Progress


I valiantly started on the center block by picking out two fabrics for the pinwheel. 
I did this several months ago when I was blitzing a beginning 
and chose fabrics for quite a few blocks that are not yet made. 
Story of my life.


The first thing I did was change out that blue for one with a bit more contrast to that amazing pink print.



Then I promptly cut the blue pin wheels backwards, so I cut them out again correctly.



I pinned together the first pair to hand stitch them together. Sigh. They did not quite fit. so,



I went back to my template and checked the registration marks. Its hard to see them, but what I had done was quickly draw a pencil line on both the inny curve and the outy curve using the same mark.



However, I had drawn  it ever so slightly on an angle
So, I drew it on again this time carefully and straight. Now it fit. 



This time the two curves fit nicely when I pinned them together.



Now to stitch together the other five couplets and see where we are at. 

blessings,
Chris





6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great start to something that has to potential to be quite difficult! Good luck with matching your seams accurately. You are brave, brave woman, Chris!

    Thanks for posting to The Needle & Thread Network's WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can think of other words than brave but choose to keep this positive.
      I have some ideas about the next step. Look for them next week.
      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. Your center block looks good now -- it was worth the extra time you took to get the curves right. What are you making?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the center block for Di Hall Ford's Morrell quilt. It will finish at 20 inches with a dog tooth border. And I want to complete it by the end of the month.

      Delete
  3. What an exacting pattern! Not sure I am that careful in anything I do. Congratulations on the centre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exacting and she hand pieces everything. I have exactly one pair of pinwheel pieces stitched up so far.

      Delete